I don’t know when I started becoming obsessed with spicy food but I am so glad that I did. I am not afraid to try anything these days which makes me a lot more open to so many different foods. Don’t get me wrong, I definitely think a dish can be made “too spicy” and ruin the flavors of how it’s supposed to taste. When it comes to this guacamole I don’t hold back on that spiciness. If you aren’t into spicy foods, then feel free to adjust this recipe accordingly. It will still taste amazing and perfect for your Cinco De Mayo plans this weekend!
- 3 avocados (fully ripe)
- 2 tomatoes, seeded
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro plus more for garnish
- 2-3 jalapeño peppers, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped (I love the pre peeled garlic from Trader Joes)
- 3 Tbs lime juice
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, plus more for taste
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Cut your avocados in half, remove seeds and scrape them out into a large bowl for mashing. I used a fork to mash them to make sure the guac remains chunky!
- Chop onion, add it into the bowl of the mashed avocados
- Cut jalapeños in half, remove seeds, and chop finely before adding to the mixture
- Cut and dice the tomatoes, add into mixture (I removed my seeds but feel free to leave them in)
- Press and chop garlic and cilantro, add to the bowl
- Now time to add all your spices! Doesn’t matter what order. Add your black pepper, sea salt, cumin, and paprika
- Lastly add your lemon and lime juice
- Add your guacamole to a serving bowl and garnish with extra cilantro for presentaion!
Don’t forget to grab your own “Holy Guacamole” spoon from Mud Pie!
Mud Pie Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mudpiegift/
Photo Credit: Diana Avalos
Diana’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dianaphotographs/