So here I am again with that sweet tooth. This milkshake was inspired by my best friend Danielle who sent me the cutest recyclable gold straws that I have been wanting to use. So of course I created a recipe that was tasty enough to use my adorable gift. Not going to lie, this shake is extremely decadent so make sure you don’t drink this on a full stomach! Whip this bad boy up next time you have guests over and you will be sure to leave them impressed.
Ingredients for the Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 homemade or store bought mini cinnamon rolls (use my cinnamon roll recipe instead of store bought, way better)
- 1 quart vanilla bean ice cream softened
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup Dos Santos Mexican Coffee Liquor
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 homemade or store bought mini cinnamon rolls
Steps for the Whipped Cream:
- Put the bowl of your stand mixer in the freezer along with the whisk for at least 20 minutes to chill
- When ready combine the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract and mix on high for about 2 minutes (or until peaks form)
- Chill whipped cream in the fridge until shake is ready
Steps for the Shake:
- In a blender combine the ice cream, milk, coffee liquor, and cinnamon.
- Blend until smooth
- Add the cinnamon rolls and pulse until smooth
- Pour the milk shake into desired glasses and top with the whipped cream, straw, and mini cinnamon roll to garnish!
TIP: I used my cinnamon roll recipe (on the blog, scroll down!) for the mini cinnamon roll garnishes. SO MUCH BETTER THAN STORE BOUGHT.
Photo Credit: Gordon Ly