I don’t know about you guys but I am OBSESSED with breakfast, oh, and galettes. Why? They are SO easy and always come out delicious. Galettes are meant to look rustic so don’t worry if some leaking or messiness occurs. So here’s the recipe, enjoy!
- Pre Made pie dough, I really like Trader Joe’s!
- 3 eggs
- 6 strips of prosciutto
- 6 oz of ricotta, more or less depending on what you like
- Basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Roll out pie dough so it’s about 6 inches vertical and horizontal. I like to cut the edges around to make it more of an oval/circle shape (doesn’t have to be perfect)
- Spread out the ricotta leaving about 1-2 inches to fold in the galette
- Place prosciutto across in a diagonal
- Fold in edges
- Brush edges of dough with 1 egg yolk wash (this will make it look nice when it’s cooked)
- Bake for 20-25 min
- Take out of oven and crack the 3 eggs in the center
- Bake for another 5 min depending on how well cooked or runny you enjoy your eggs
- Take out, cool for a couple minutes and place a few basil leaves on top
- Enjoy with some hot sauce, avocado, the possibilities are endless!